Thursday, October 25, 2012

Supa Soups!

Today was a soup day. Actually, this week was a soup week.

But it was definitely called for because the weather took a sudden turn downwards (temperature-wise) and it just makes me want to light my candles, put on my Netflix and make some soup!

In addition to a surprise Zupas lunch with my hubby today, (lobster bisque is TDF.) this week we had a yummy new chili for dinner group provided by the Wildes, delicious taco soup compliments of my MIL, and thanks to the lovely occasion of a friends bridal shower I made a new acorn squash soup that turned out great!

And without further ado, here are a couple of the recipes.

Acorn Squash Soup

Click Here for the recipe. (I love the name of this blog "A Cozy Kitchen". So true. My kitchen might be my coziest place.)

And next is my MIL's Taco Soup creation. (I hope its OK that I'm posting this recipe, Di! We just loved it so much, we thought the world should know. :o))

I don't have a picture but here's the recipe:

2 lbs hamburger- browned
2 pkgs taco bell taco seasoning
3 14.5 oz. cans Mexican Fiesta Diced Tomatoes (Western Family)
2 15 oz. cans pinto beans (You can really use whatever beans you prefer)
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
2 15 oz. cans Stokes chili sauce (red or green)
Cilantro and lime juice to taste
2 tsp baking soda (optional)
1/2 tsp cumin
frozen corn (as much as you want)

Throw it all in and let 'er simmer!

Serve with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment