Sunday, October 14, 2012

Game Day Doughnuts

I loved the rain this weekend. It just felt right.

We have been having friends over to watch all the football games this season (thanks for the sweet T.V. MIL and FIL!) And I for some odd reason, feel like I always want to have something to serve to our guests. (Thanks for passing that down to me, mom!)

I have been wanting to do this for a while now and decided to bite the bullet and do it. There are a few things I am pretty bad at in the kitchen. One of them being pie-baking and the other is doughnuts.

I found a pretty safe baked doughnut recipe that I thought I would try out but the more I looked at the real thing, the more determined I got to give it another go.

And after a few recipe adjustments and a couple tries here they are:
Pumpkin doughnuts with buttermilk glaze. I think they turned out quite yummy if I do say so myself. here is the link to the recipe!

*As a side-note, I had to add A LOT of extra flour because the dough was SUPER sticky and wouldn't even roll out. I also had to make more glaze. (Mine came out a little thick, I subbed sour cream for buttermilk and that may have been the culprit. If I had thinned it out with milk I think I would have had the perfect amount.)

**Instead of a doughnut cutter I used the mouth of a drinking glass and a bottle cap, worked just as well. (Made really cute doughnut holes.)


This made TONS of dough so I saved half of it and made the rest today after church. We will be visiting some friends and will bring them along.

You may see some pumpkins in the background picture. Utah Valley-ers. My friend Chelsie informed me of this deal. Macey's pumpkins are only 10 cents a pound right now! I got Jer's HUGE pumpkin (close to 25 pounds) for just over $2! Couldn't believe it, you have to go. 

And this was my game day bundle/lap buddy.
Baby Anabelle. Isn't she cozy? I love getting to hold this little one.

Jer started his job at Chef's Table this weekend and is loving it. The grand total count for jobs is now 3 for Jer and 4 for me. Go us!





No comments:

Post a Comment