Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Trick

If you know me, you know I don't live for the trick part of "Trick-Or-Treat" during Halloween.

This year, I decided I wanted to try it out knowing what a trickster of a husband I have.

I found this idea on Pinterest.

Yes, I food-colored the milk. I labored over which color I wanted it to be. This color I thought would be the most convincing that something was DEFINITELY weird. Guys, I had to put like 30 drops of food coloring to get the milk this color. And I only dyed 1/4 of a gallon!

I made a milk-based pasta sauce tonight (recipe to come, soooo yummy) and it was most definitely blue. Like, I don't know how you could miss it.

Jer didn't notice.

I asked him if he wanted me to pour him a glass of milk for dinner. Nope, he wanted water.

FINALLY I asked him if he could get me some water out of the fridge. (The Brita lives right next to the milk.)

J: "Honey, what happened to our milk?!"

C: "I don't know, what do you mean?"

J: "It's blue!"

C: "Well why don't you try it and see if it has gone bad."

J: "No I'm not trying it, it looks contaminated!"

So then I told him I food colored it. He thought it was pretty funny, but I think I need to step up my game next time. I still can't believe he ate blue pasta sauce without a question. :o)

And now for the recipe, yours won't be blue unless you dye your milk like I did. :o)

Tuscan Garlic Chicken








Here is the link to the recipe.

My Changes:
*I pounded my chicken first for a thinner piece of chicken (cooks faster and picks up more flavor.)
*I halved the recipe and it worked great.
*I added fresh mushrooms to the sauce. Yummy.
*We used whole wheat linguine.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I did notice that the sauce looked a little funky, however...in an attempt to be a good, nice husband, I didn't say anything mean about how the sauce looked weird and just ate it quietly. It tasted really good...so I just kept eating it without saying anything!

    ReplyDelete