Monday, October 1, 2012

Ode to October

Today is October 1st. As I settle into a pretty crazy work schedule, I'm determined to keep cooking so we can eat semi-decently throughout the week.

Say hello to my new best friends:
Jer loves these too, since his job is dishes after I cook. The crock pot is the most awesome thing ever UNTIL you have to wash it. It's heavy, and usually takes forever to scrape off whatever is cooked into it. With these bad boys, all you do is line, cook and toss that bag in the trash and you're done. Heaven.

I'm in LOVE with these and I don't care who knows it.

I have decided I am going to do as many crock pot recipes as possible in order to save time and still be able to eat some delicious dinners. To kick off my October of crock pot madness here is the recipe I am now simmering in my wondrous crock pot.

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Love this recipe because I'm a sucker for the creamy chicken noodle (as opposed to brothy) and it is the perfect thing for a yummy fall dinner.

Usually I make homemade egg noodles (Grandma Carolyn's recipe, but as a time saver I just bought homestyle (good) egg noodles at the store.)

Here is the link.

Enjoy!


1 comment: