Saturday, February 19, 2011

My All-Time Favorite Cookie


Peanut Blossoms
I honestly can't think of another cookie I like better than this one. My mom always made these growing up and for the past few years I've been trying to make them as good as she does. This weekend I think I got pretty close. I made a few very slight adjustments to the recipe since I'm in a high altitude area. Here's the recipe:

2 3/4 c flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
3/4 c butter (I don't believe in margerine but you can use that too)
1/2 c peanut butter
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 pkg Hershey Kisses (This time around I used the caramel-filled ones, pretty delish.) Make sure to unwrap these before you put the cookies in the oven because the baking process happens quickly.

Preheat oven to 350, (I adjusted this from 375 because it just was too hot for my oven) Mix wet ingredients, add sifted dry ingredients. Mix well.

Shape dough into one-inch balls, then roll balls in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat. Cook on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes (I lean toward 6 minutes).

When cookies are done baking, quickly (and gently) press a kiss into the middle of each cookie. You can return to the oven for 1-2 more minutes to warm the kiss. Be careful, its easy to eat about ten of these in one sitting. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. k so seeing this post made me want those cookies sooo bad.. good thing you included the recipe because I had to make them. So I did. Haha. You're awesome Christina! thanks for the inspiration. they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo I love these too! right out of the oven when the kisses are warm and melty. we must get together soon!

    ReplyDelete