Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend Home!

This past weekend I flew home to attend a football game at my old high school where my little sis is following in my footsteps. :o) She is a Songleader (the dance team) which I did for 3 years while in high school. She had a half-time show so I was able to go and see her perform!

It was so fun to see the girls doing all the same cheers and sidelines from when I was there and to see a lot of the same teachers and families I grew up with! A total blast from the past.
 DP High! Go Big Blue!
 Anna on her cute little box.
 About to dance their hip-hop number for the halftime show.
 Us in our lettermans jackets. Oh and don't worry, afterwards my dad and I shared a huge burrito from Freebirds. Can't go to SB without some Freebirds in your belly.
 Breakfast with the fam at the Boathouse looking out onto the water. We had fun chatting with one of my BFF's Kate.
 Mom, Anna and I had fun shopping together at Old Navy and World Market after breakfast and then Anna and I decided to try our hand at some pie-making skills. I've told you before I stink at making pies. We tried the cute pies in a jar. (Anna put it together). And it turned out so cute!
And then we did a full berry pie with home made crust! It turned out great! It wasn't soupy or anything. I was very proud of us to say the least. I can now go to Austin for Thanksgiving with the confidence that Anna and I together can produce some good pies for the family.

We topped this puppy with some delicious Trader Joe's vanilla ice cream and had it two days in a row!

The best part about this pie? I used the frozen berry medley from Costco! Sooooo easy and super yummy.

Sadly I can't find the recipe I used! Found it on Pinterest and then didn't pin it! Grrrr. But I remember the recipe for the filling so I'll give you that and then just pair it with your favorite pie crust recipe.

Berry filling:
5 cups frozen or fresh berries (I would've actually liked more in our pie so I might add a few more.)
3/4 c sugar
4 T cornstarch
2 T lemon juice
1 t lemon zest

Mix it all up and let it sit for about 15 min before filling the pie. Soooo yummy.

I'm sad I didn't get pictures with my parentals but I had lots of fun spending time with them. I always love getting to go to my other home. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment