Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Taste of Summer

Thanks to Pinterest, I found this delicious recipe and tried it out tonight. Tuesday nights are late dinner for Jer and I because I teach till 7 and then he tutors till about 9. Let me tell you, this recipe was worth the wait. Totally simple, easy and quick!

Cilantro Chicken with Avocado Salsa









Cilantro Chicken with Avocado Salsa

Yield: 
4 servings
Ingredients: 
Chicken ingredients:
4 large (6-8 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt
black pepper
1/4 cup fresh finely chopped cilantro
oil, preferably in a spray bottle
Tapatio hot sauce
Avocado salsa ingredients:
2 cups chopped fresh tomato
4-5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or more, to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash black pepper
1 large avocado, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)

Basically, you marinate the chicken in the cilantro and hot sauce after salt and peppering. Don't need to marinade for long. Then you make the salsa (I made extra because Jer loved eating it with chips as well.) Grill the chicken and top it with salsa and enjoy!

I served it with a garlic brown rice quinoa combo that my MIL introduced me to. You can get it at Costco and it is seriously the easiest thing, you just mic that little bag for 90 seconds and you have 2 servings of healthy whole grains.  I also did a green salad and that was a perfect amount of food for us. So summery and delicious!

Let me know if you try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment