Tuesday, May 1, 2012

(Not-So) Guilty Pleasures

Having been home from our trip for a few days and back to "real life," Jer and I have found out some of the things that make life without school the BEST. These things were mostly guilty pleasures while we were in school but have now become things we can do!

-Firstly, I will be able to blog lots more!
-Waking up at the same time (as each other)
-Eating breakfast together
-Having scripture study in the morning when we are awake and alert.
-Running all of my errands at one time, not one here or there when I have 10 spare minutes between classes.
-Reading for FUN! (I love this one if you can't tell and had a dream last night in which I was a character in the latest book I am reading. Check out "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton, it's awesome.)
-Cooking and planning meals especially for company and dinner groups
-Watching Netflix
-Jer gets to watch his new big screen (Thanks for the grad gift Di and Bry!)
-Jer gets to run and golf more often

I'm sure our list will get longer but for now, these things are the BEST! I'm SO excited for summer and all of the wonderful recipes in store for me. We just purchased a BBQ grill on KSL for $20 (steal, right?) And I am already conjuring up many a recipe. Here's a little summer kick-off recipe for those of you that can't wait like me:

Grilled Halibut and Fresh Mango Salsa

Cooking Light- Fresh Mango Salsa
  • 2 cups plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 1 1/2 cups diced peeled ripe mango
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Pepper
Combine all ingredients and serve. This salsa is always a winner. It goes really well with fish tacos or grilled fish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment