Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Anniversary!

Jer and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last Wednesday! Well, sort of. We actually did our real celebration on Saturday. Wednesday we did go to Los Hermanos which is a forgotten favorite of mine and I'm so glad we decided to go there and rekindle the flame of my love for that restaurant. Jer was able to take the day off work on Saturday so we got the whole day together!

First stop was 7 peaks! Jer's mom was kind enough to help us out with tickets as an anniversary gift. We had so much fun and went on most of the rides. Even the scary ones! Watch out for that slingshot though, Jer "bottomed" out and bruised his tailbone!


Next, we went to Cheesecake factory! We have both been really wanting to go here and my mom got us a gift card as an anniversary gift! We got some amazing food and of course cheesecake!

Just as a P.S. we DID take a bite of our wedding cake that we had frozen for a year and guess what? It was pretty dang good still! I'm so mad we forgot to take a picture but let it be known that we did indeed save it in our freezer and ate some on our one year!
 When I got home there was a wonderful surprise! Jer had our friends the Bready's come over while we were gone and decorate with balloons, candles and flowers. It was so fun!
 Jer got some help from my sister and made a slideshow DVD of pictures from our first year of marriage! It was so cute, I loved it.
 Here we are with my beautiful roses.
 I got Jer some temple pants because ever since we got married he has always rented them! And then I also got him a gift certificate for a one hour massage at our favorite place Solase because he has been working so hard this summer and could use a little relaxation.
 In addition to the decorations, flowers and DVD, Jer also got me a coupon clipper! It's a pretty nifty gadget. For those of you who didn't know, I've gotten quite into couponing this summer so it was a very cute and thoughtful gift from my sweet husband.

And now for my thoughts on the matter. I've heard a lot of people say, "everyone says the first year of marriage is so hard but I don't know what they're talking about! My first year was perfect!" I'm not going to tell you our first year was perfect even though it WAS pretty blissful. But I WILL say, that marriage makes those hard times a little less hard because you have someone supporting you and going through them with you all the way along. I have learned such a selfless love from my husband and I'm so grateful for the experiences that help us grow as individuals and as a couple every day. I can't wait to see what eternity has in store for us! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment