Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cheddar Cheese Muffins

I was making a pasta dish for dinner today and really wanted to make some bread sticks to go with it but I didn't have any yeast! Then I had a great idea, what about a savory muffin? I got out my wonderful Williams Sonoma baking book and found this recipe. It was a hit! And so easy to make.
Cheddar Cheese Muffins

1 3/4 c flour
1 1/4 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 T sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t chili powder
1 large egg
3 T olive oil
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375. Grease 7 std. muffin cups with butter or non-stick spray. Mix all ingredients until just evenly moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy). Spoon batter into each muffin cup filling until level with the brim. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden, springy and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. My life changed the moment I bit in to that savory muff muff.

    ReplyDelete