Sunday, April 3, 2011

Oh What a Beautiful Weekend!!!

We had an awesome weekend with my family!! I was so so so happy that they came to visit for a few days while my little sister was on her spring break. My sister Katie made a detailed blog post about a few of the things we did while they were here. Her blog is http://mshouston.blogspot.com. Conference was so spiritually nourishing to me. I felt like for the first time ever, I was able to really grasp at least something from each talk. Jer pointed out that this could be a result of my calling I have had this year as a Relief Society teacher. I have definitely been thinking in a different way for the past several months and it has really helped me grow spiritually. My mom and I worked a little on getting me back into crocheting because I really wanted to learn how to make those cute flowers people wear in their hair. Here are some of the things we came up with. I'm pretty excited about it to say the least.
 This was my first attempt while watching a video tutorial on Youtube. This one I gave to Anna and she had it pinned in her hair today. :o)

This is one I made for Katie. I like the two-toned look.
 After my family left I was kind of on fire wanting to learn more so I found another tutorial to make crocheted headbands. These are newborn headbands. I think they are just so cute. There is something about crocheted accessories that looks so vintage and cute.
 Love these colors together.
This was our girls night in project. I orchestrated the craft because I was really wanting to make one of these the second I saw my friend Alison's hanging in her house. She is my crafty inspiration. Her whole house is decorated with things she has made. One day I will be as good as her. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment