Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Is In the Air

I wasn't really looking forward to this Valentines Day because Jer went into work at Chef's table at 10 this morning and won't be back till after midnight tonight, but because of some of the lovelies in my life this has turned out to be a really nice day.
 I made the card on the left a long time ago while Jer was on his mission planning to send it to him and then found it a couple weeks ago so I decided now would be an appropriate time to give it to him. :o) The top right photo is a mini apple pie I made for dinner group last night in honor of this week of love. My mom got me a mini heart pie mold from Williams Sonoma a couple years back and this is the first time I've used it! I'm obsessed. Bottom right is part of the Valentine package my mom sent us. There is little I love more than Sees candy. My mom knows me so well.
 The top picture is Jer's spread of gifts. He hasn't gotten to open them yet but he will soon! Bottom left is a picture of a gift my neighbor/friend brought up to us. She is so sweet, it is for Jer and I to open together. And bottom right are the flowers from Jer that were delivered to my doorstep this afternoon. It totally brightened my day and made me so happy.
And last but not least, my little Valentine for the evening. I got to babysit little Rocky while his parents went out for a little while. He is such a sweet little guy.

I think my favorite thing about Valentines Day is that now that I'm a little more grown up, this day has become more than just hoping for a flower from my crush of the week. It has helped me reflect for the past couple days about the people I love and that love me and how grateful I am for those people in my life. I hope you all know who you are and that you are loved on this special Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment