Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Farewell and a Funeral

Well this past week has been a hard one, I guess not every day can be sunshine-y, (as evidenced by the HUGE snowstorm last weekend.)

Jer's grandpa Pendleton passed away this past week and we were able to spend some wonderful time with the Pendleton side of the family, and as was said at the funeral, Grandpa's death really brought the family together in a way nothing else could.
 Got to spend time with great grandpup Fin (cousin Jeff's puppy.)
 Sweet grandma with sleeping Fin.
 It was a very snowy day at the funeral but the Marines came out anyway. It was a wonderful service.
 Pendleton cousins shooting hoops. Susie is making sure Jer doesn't blow out his knee again. (Thanks Suze!)
 Pendleton ping-pong championship. Finalists: Jeff...
 Applause.
 And Bob.
 And the winner is......
 Jeff!! We had lots of fun watching ping pong, eating (of course) and watching Bernie at the end of the night.
We found so much snow when we woke up the next morning. It took the guys a long time to clear the driveway and walk.

From the second I started dating Jeremy, I felt accepted by the Pendletons. They have always made me feel included and comfortable. I'm grateful for the time we were able to spend with them this week even if it was for a sad occasion.

 On Sunday, Katie had her farewell in Kaysville. She gave a beautiful talk on charity. I love how Katie is always herself no matter what and that her 'self' is such a kind, selfless, charitable human being. Her topic was perfect for her. (Above is a picture of us at the gathering after her talk just being our normal silly selves.)
 Here's Jer with his 3 wonderful Grandmothers. How lucky we are to have these women in our lives. Left to right: Grandma Pendleton, Grandma Barton, Nanny Woodland.
After the farewell I was wiped out for some reason and fell asleep for 2 hours! Jer offered to make me some dinner because I was just not excited about cooking. What a sweetie.
 On Monday night I made my MIL's taco soup recipe, perfect for a chilly FHE dinner.
 After dinner and The Bachelor (of course) I cozied up in my bed with a good book (Reached), a warm blanket, and some hot herbal tea. It was the best and just what I needed. (Oh and did I mention I LOVE not having homework? ;o))
 This morning as I was leaving to go teach, I found this on our car. It made my day. I have such a wonderful friend and neighbor in Katie. She is so loyal and kind and always willing to talk when I need it.

In other news:

I quit my job at Sexy Modest and I couldn't be happier. It was not the best situation for me and I'm glad to have freed myself from it.

As some of you may have noticed, I am no longer on Facebook. If you are still interested in my life, I guess you are reading this now. :o) so check back here for updates on what is going on in the Pendleton home.

Jer and I experienced many challenges in 2012 and as you may have guessed, those challenges don't stop with the start of the New Year. As we have reflected upon all the things we have been through, we can't help but notice how grateful we are for those trials because they have brought us so much closer to each other and our Savior. We have been able to better recognize the blessings in our lives and the people who love and care for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment