Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Well, I've got Good News, and I've got Bad News..."

It's been a crazy week. Somewhat emotional but not 100% in the negative way. My whole family was in town for a visit and for my last show in Utah with the BDC. Joe and Shana hadn't seen me dance since my freshman year so it was super fun for me to have them there at my show. Plus, I got to spend some serious Q.T. with this little cutie.


Pretty sure it doesn't get any cuter than this. 

This is just a preview of the fun we had this week/weekend with the fam. 

During all this I had my last recital with Legacy Dance Studio. Up until now, the plan had been to stay with the studio for the fall but I was recently offered a job in the BYU Youth program that would conflict with working at the studio. The final recital was definitely one of those bittersweet moments and an end to a very important and meaningful chapter in my life. I have learned so much from those kids and teachers and will greatly miss it. At the same time, I'm very excited for this new change and opportunity at BYU. 

My sweet students brought me beautiful flowers and fun treats.

The end of another chapter came this week as well. It seems really silly but as I have been wrapping up my time with the BDC I have kept it together really well up until this moment. I have to admit I got a little teary-eyed as I cleaned out my locker of 3 years.

Goodbye locker #8, you've been good to me. :o)

Another milestone and change that happened was little Harper's first birthday! We were so excited that we were able to make it to her birthday celebration. She loved playing in the water and especially loved the banana cake her mommy made her. (We all loved it too, delicious.)
 What a cute little ladybug!
Sorry for the bad quality, just had our phones with us. 

Tomorrow we embark on our two-week Nauvoo adventure. We look forward to a change of scenery, time with our friends, and some serious dancing!

1 comment:

  1. OK I may have started to tear up JUST a little when I saw those pics of Harper... We are SOOO grateful you guys took time out of such a crazy weekend to come be there for her and us. It would not have been the same with out Aunt Tina and Uncle Jer :) Hope you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete