Sunday, May 12, 2013

Granna

This Mother's Day is a little different for me. For the past week or two I have been reflecting on the fact that my Mom will not only be Mom to me but Granna to my little baby. As I was shopping for a gift for my mom I came across a lot of plaques that say cute things about Grandmothers, some cheesy, but one I really liked said, "The only thing better than having you as my Mom, is my children having you as their Grandmother."

Here's the thing, my Mom is going to be the BEST Granna/already is (to little Ella-Boo). And here's why:

-When she came out for Easter and we told her we were expecting, she doted on me ALL week. She spoiled me, made sure I was feeling OK. Told me I was normal, (even though I clearly was NOT) and kept foods away from me that made me gag.

-When she found out she would have a second Grandchild, she couldn't stop talking about it. What it would look like, what gender it would be, when we would visit, when I would come home for a baby shower, counting down the days till I could hear the heartbeat, find out the gender, etc.

-She had already started making our baby a blanket and had bought some newborn clothing (before she even knew we were expecting). And then when she found out, she started making another blanket!

-We talk on the phone everyday (nothing new) at least once. And we always talk about how I'm feeling and she is always excited to hear what item from the produce department our baby resembles that week.

Those are just a few recent things that make me know how much she already adores her Grandbabies. But I'm not her only child and I'm not carrying her only Grandchild either. I don't know how she does it, but she somehow has just as much love for each of her other 3 (4 with Shana) kids and grandbaby as she does for me.

I don't know how you do it Mom but I better start learning now! Love you Mommer! Hope you have a great one!





2 comments:

  1. I bought a little plaque for my mom for her birthday that says that same thing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is AMAZING. Lucky you, and that lucky baby!!

    ReplyDelete