Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wonderful Fall Recipe

I have always liked finding awesome recipes on people's blogs and totally appreciate it when people share the ones that they especially liked so I have decided to do this as well. Jer got me the October Cooking Light magazine a few weeks ago and I have just had a ball tagging all the new recipes I want to try. I have only tried a few so far but the one I made today for dinner has been my favorite!


Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice
Why I love this: It has a really great nutty flavor which reminds me of fall, its light and healthy but filling and it only took me 20 minutes!

1 bag (3.5 oz.) boil-in-bag brown rice (I just used a mixture of brown and white minute rice and it turned out great)
2 T butter, divided
1 pound chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
3/4 t salt, divided
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c refrigerated apple cider
1 t Dijon mustard
1/4 c chopped pecans
Parsley (if desired)
1. Cook rice according to package directions in a small saucepan, omitting salt and fat; drain
2. While rice cooks, melt 1 tsp butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Add cider and mustard to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2-3 minutes or until syrupy. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Melt remaining 5 teaspoons butter in saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 2 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Lower heat to medium; add pecans, and cook for 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently. Add rice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Serve rice with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.

2 comments:

  1. Tried this (per your suggestion). It was amazing. Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete